All equipment hire is subject to these terms and conditions irrespective of value, hire period or favours.
1. Advertised hire rates are for a standard 3 day period commencing when items are signed for upon delivery by us or collection by you.
2. Longer hire periods can be discussed and are quoted on an individual basis. Hire periods cannot be extended without prior agreement in writing with Virginias Vintage Hire.
Payments & Security Deposit
1. A deposit will be payable to confirm the order. We ask for 50% of the total hire cost (including the security deposit and transport if booked) to confirm the booking and upon receipt of this we will reserve your items for you. This is a non-refundable payment.The remaining balance is paid at least 30 days before the event. A £100.00 security deposit is returned to you on safe collection of the items hired.
2. Scooter hire –We ask for 50% of the total hire cost to confirm the booking and upon receipt of this we will reserve your items for you. This is a non-refundable payment. The remaining balance is paid at least 30 days before the event. A £200.00 security deposit is returned to you on safe collection of the items hired.
3. We must have cleared funds before the day of delivery. If you do not pay your balance in full and you do not cancel, you will still be liable for the amount due and we will not deliver or allow you to collect.
4. Late returns will be charged at a daily hire rate up to seven days, after which they will be charged at double the standard daily hire rate.
5. Quoted prices are valid for 1 month. After this period if you have not paid your deposit, your order may be subject to price increases.
6. After your event we will write to you to ask for your bank details so we can return your security deposit. We will write to you twice and if we have not heard back from you we will hold the deposit until we are requested by you to return it.
7. It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure all items listed on the invoice are correct. Please check your invoice and notify Virginias Vintage Hire if any amendments are required.
Delivery and Collection
1. Deliveries/collections are based on our drivers having easy access to a ground floor location only between the hours of 8am-6pm. Any different to this we must know in advance as extra hands may be required, which may be charged for at a rate of £50 per hour per person.
2. We prefer to deliver to your venue prior to the date of your event to ensure items arrive on time. If you wish us to deliver on the day of your event, then you do so at your own risk. We have every measure in place to make sure items arrive on time but cannot account for events out of our control.
3. When we deliver items, we require someone to check and sign for items hired.
4 . Additional delivery charges may apply that are beyond our control. Such examples are congestion charges & dispensations charges. Parking fines as a result of not informing us of adequate delivery and collection areas may also be chargeable.
5. Delivery drivers are not required to set-up furniture at your event. Please ask for set-up fees if required.
6. Deliveries or collections during unsocial hours (6pm – 8am) can be arranged. Please ask for fees if required.
Own Delivery and Collection
1. All collections and deliveries must be between 08:00 and 17:00 Monday – Saturday unless pre-arranged.
2. All collections and deliveries are from our warehouse addresses: Unit 19C1 Flightway, Dunkeswell, Honiton, EX14 4PB or Unit 10, Midfryerton, Perth, PH2 8EL unless pre-arranged.
3. Please do not leave items unattended outside our warehouse at anytime. Lost or stolen items will be charged for. We will deduct costs from the security deposit or if the cost to replace is over the amount of the security deposit we will issue a separate invoice.
4. When collecting in person, you must make sure you or your appointed courier have an appropriate vehicle and take full responsibility for the safe handling of objects including heavy and large items.
5. Items to be collected are not wrapped or palletised.
Loss or Damage
1. All goods to be returned clean and in good condition.
2. No refunds will be made for any unused goods.
3. Any loss, breakages or damage to goods will be charged at our current repair or replacement charge. Replacement costs can be sent prior to hire upon request. We will deduct costs from the security deposit or if the cost to repair or replace is over the amount of the security deposit we will issue a separate invoice
4. The hirer is responsible for any loss/damage to goods for the entirety of the hire period. It is your responsibility to ensure that the goods are fully covered by insurance with regard to theft, damage and public liability risks
5. Excessive cleaning costs may be charged for and deducted from the security deposit.
6. Please do not use candles directly on any of the items hired. Removal of candle wax will be charged for and deducted from the security deposit.
7. Please do not use staples, nails or similar directly on any of the items hired. Removal of such items will be charged for and deducted from the security deposit.
1. Virginias Vintage Hire shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to person or property arising from the use of the equipment under hire.
2. We will not be liable for any delays caused by circumstances beyond our control.
3.The hirer is responsible for the safe handling of all equipment. Two people are required to carry tables, sofas and other heavy items.
4. All items are checked and regularly maintained. Due to the nature and age of the items hired you hire these at your own risk.
5. All equipment has been tested and checked before delivery – however in the event of any uncertainty please contact our office before attempting use.
6. If you are unable to view the items on your order in person please be aware that the colour and condition may differ from the images on the website. It is your responsibility to inform us of any specific requirements regarding colour, condition and suitability for your project.
1. To cancel your hire, you must inform us in writing. As deposits are non refundable, each individual case will be taken on its own merit however the company is not required to refund any payments.
How Virginias Vintage Hire May Use Your Personal Information
- Provide delivery drivers with your contact details so they can contact you regarding delivery and collection logistics.
- Inform you about products and services that Virginias Vintage Hire provide. You may opt out of receiving this information at any time by writing to Virginias Vintage Hire.
- We may use your logo or images in our promotional material to make it known that we have acted for you; you have the right to refuse this.
- Virginias Vintage Hire will not give your personal data to any third party other than contractors (unless otherwise agreed by you)
All images and wording on our website and Facebook page and other social media are copyrighted to us and may not be used by anyone other than us without prior permission.
If you have questions at anytime, please contact our office:
1 Addington Cottages, Upottery, Honiton, Devon, EX14 9PN